Figuring out what to pack for lunch is a toughie. Salads can get old (really) quickly, and you can only buzz over to Chipotle so many times a week before your bank account starts hurting. Luckily, there’s one option that’s super easy to make and will keep you satisfied all week long.
Food blogger Odile Joly-Petit created a pasta dish that’s so healthy and packed with vitamins that you can gobble it up for lunch anytime you want. The Rainbow Cashew Udon Bowl only takes a handful of ingredients to put together, and the best part? It saves really well in the fridge, making it easy to prep into meals to take to the office or class.
Want to try the recipe out for yourself? Here’s everything you’ll need to make your own rainbow bowl. Just double (or triple!) the recipe to make multiple meals.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- ½ c raw cashews
- 1 c shredded red cabbage
- 1 c thinly sliced dino kale
- ½ c cooked edamame
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp shoyu
- In the oil, over medium-high heat, sautée the garlic and ginger about 30 seconds, then add all the veggies and sautée a few more minutes while keeping some crunch.
- Deglaze with 2 tbsp shoyu, 1 tbsp mirin, and 2 tbsp water.
- Add ½ c raw cashews and ½ c cooked edamame.
- Serve with udon noodles, fresh cilantro, and sesame seeds